Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bye bye BMW

Hello Can Am Spyder



The K12GT is 4 sale.


Well, I have 150 miles on the new Spyder, and I am sure I made the right choice. As a matter of fact, I now wonder about my new 650 Burgman scooter. I have planned on having a long haul road bike, and the scooter for shorter trips and in town.

The Can Am Spyder can do it all. so. I am thinking.

I am going to Ohio tomorrow, and am going to take the Spyder. When I get back, the 06 K1200GT goes off to Motorworks in Chicago to be sold, unless some one offers me a reasonable sum for it before I put it on consignment.

My kid does not want the Burgman, so I need to choose keeping it for a change of pace ride, or unloading it and just taking the hit. We will see about that when I get back, but the Spyder really can do it all.

This is also the end of an era for me. For 11 years now I have had one BMW or another. Being BMW free will be a little different, but the folks at the Chicago Region BMW club allow members even if they ride something else. And they are nice people.

More later......

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kurt!!
    How have you been??OMG.. I love reading about your trips!... and just how many miles does your BMW have on it now?? Tons I bet! Hope you are doing well!

    Lorna/Nashe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely sweet. I so wanna stowaway. LOLZ! Have a great ride.

    ReplyDelete